Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Creative Space

Do you ever have one of those weeks where your seam ripper is your best friend? That's how my week has been in the sewing department. There were shorts made and ripped out more times than I want to count, unsuccessful underwear making, and experimental free motion quilting. This all adds up to a couple dents in the old ego. Luckily, I have a very supportive husband who encourages me to keep going, keep learning and keep trying.
Some much needed quilting practice.
I "tried" to make some underwear for my overly skinny son. If anyone knows of a boys underwear pattern please let me know. The vintage girls one did not do the trick.

Please check out kootoyoo for some more great creative spaces!

11 comments:

Gina said...

I'm on intimate terms with my seam ripper! On the up side, your crochet roll in the previous post is BEAUTIFUL - definitely make some to sell!

Anonymous said...

I use my seam ripper a lot and when I am having one of those days I just HAVE to put the sewing away as it goes from bad to worse!!!!!!!!

Lucy Bowler said...

Now if that's practice... well what's the real thing like?! It looks absolutely perfect. I love it!

Jemma. said...

There's nothing wrong with a little seam ripping! Those knickers look like they have so much potential. Boo for things not being quite right!

edward and lilly said...

Yep, I totally have those seam ripper days (or weeks!)

c.raf.t said...

This week I made as well some undies for myself, anyway, I "copy" on paper a pair of mine and then I cut them on cotton and sew them.For me it was easier than using a pattern, because I was sure they were fitting.

littlelovelies said...

i am forever starting over on projects... you just need to keep trying and stay motivated! good luck with all your projects this week.
x nadine
little lovelies

Leslie said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments. You really made me feel better after this crazy week! :)

frutejuce said...

Lovely quilting going on there. I quite often give my seam ripper the evil eye!

Kirsty said...

Yes, the seam ripper & I are firm friends.

Can I suggest you hack into a pair of his current undies that fit him well & draft the pattern from that?

Anonymous said...

i have just started machine quilting too an its not easy