Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blue and Green Block

I finished my blue/green block for project improv yesterday. One of the "rules" was not to use a pattern and to be a variation of the log cabin pattern. I really enjoyed making me this block. In fact I enjoyed doing it so much I made another block and made it into a pillow cover that I'm listing on Etsy. The majority of the pack is from a sample pack I got in a cute quilt store in Seattle this past fall. I think I'll have to get some more because they really looked nice together. I'm pretty sure it was an Amy Butler sample pack for those that are curious. The rest I just used from my stash. I could make hundreds of blocks out of all the scraps I have lying around, a project for a rainy day I think.